We are recruiting on behalf of one of our client schools for an experienced Early Years Teaching Assistant to work within their friendly and successful foundation department 5 days per week for one academic year.
The school are a strict but well-directed little primary based in Beeston who have high expectations, a strong Headteacher and disciplined, respectful pupils.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a level 3 qualified teaching assistant with broad knowledge of EYFS. You will need to have plenty of experience working with this age group, and the confidence to work from your own initiative as well as in correspondence with the class teacher. We would ideally like a proactive professional that is willing to go the extra mile for the class, getting involved and helping out as much as possible.
Your job could include:
- getting the classroom ready for lessons
- listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- helping the teacher to plan learning activities and complete records
- supporting the class teacher in managing class behaviour
- supervising group activities
- looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- clearing away materials and equipment after lessonshelping with outings and sports events
If this is of interest to you and you feel you meet the requirements, please send your current cv and we will contact you if you've been successful