Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Early Years Teaching Assistant/ EY TA to join a ‘Good’ independent private preparatory school and preschool nursery on the Islington and Hackney border (N1). The Early Years Teaching Assistant/ EY TA will be qualified to Level 3, or have a relevant university degree (early years education). The successful Early Years Teaching Assistant/ EY TA will be required to work all year round with set holidays at Christmas (two weeks), Easter (one week) and ten remaining days, to which the candidate can take at their own discretion. The independent school actively encourages children to engage in outdoor activities, such as forest school and pride themselves on their family and community filled environment. All children call teachers and teaching assistants by their first name, encouraging all individuals to feel equal and independent; a creative approach is taken to motivate personal and academic success.
About the Role
• Early Years Teaching Assistant/ EY TA
• Temporary full time position with the potential become permanent
• Salary between £65 - £80 per day
• Timetable shifts between the hours of 8am to 6pm
• Set holidays at Christmas (2 weeks), Easter (1 week) and remaining 10 days at the candidates discretion
• Immediate start
About the School
• Independent Private Preparatory School and Preschool Nursey on the Islington and Hackney border
• Rated Good by Ofsted
• Encourage independence and equality (students call all teachers and teaching assistants by first name)
• Attractive location situated next to a canal
• Open all year round 8am-6pm
In order to be considered for this role, the Early Years Teaching Assistant / EY TA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Level 3 or relevant University Degree (Early Years Education)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Have relevant and recent early years’ experience (minimum of 6 weeks)
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number GXS33526.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.