Inspire their remarkable with us
NJC 1-3 £17,364 - £18,065 FTE
32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Hazelwood Academy opened on the 1st June 2013 following the successful conversion of its predecessor school and is sponsored by the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET). We are a Primary Academy with an attached Nursery, situated in West Swindon, located just off J16 of the M4. There are currently just over 200 pupils on roll and pupils benefit from a modern, purpose built school building with extensive grounds. The Academy is at an exciting stage in its journey and is committed to securing the future of Hazelwood Academy as a centre of excellence and innovation, where talent is nurtured.
We are looking for two Early Years Teaching Assistants to join our growing, enthusiastic and friendly team within our 3 year-old nursery. The role will involve supporting the care and supervision of children with SEND in various play, learning and other daily activities. The successful candidate will be able to maintain a safe working environment, be able to work well as part of a team and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Previous experience of working in an Early Years setting, would be an advantage.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Monday 22 July 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 24 July 2019
This is a fixed term contract to commence September 02 2019 and will continue until July 31 2020.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, click the ‘Quick Apply’ button today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.