The children, staff and Governors of Woodlands Primary School are looking to appoint a creative, imaginative and enthusiastic practitioner to work as an Early Years Teaching Assistant in our Oak Tree Nursery which takes 2, 3 and 4 year old children.
The post will involve providing social, emotional, educational and welfare support to our children.
The successful applicant will have:
• good Literacy and Numeracy skills
• the ability to work alongside the Class Teacher and a small team of Teaching Assistants.
• high expectations and the ability to motivate pupils
• a calm personality, patience and good sense of humour
• level 3 qualification
• good knowledge, understanding and experience of the curriculum and Development Matters
• motivation and work well as part of a team
• a caring and calm attitude
• good communication skills
• capability to work under own initiative and respond to the needs of pupils on own initiative
• be flexible
• ability to support children's self help skills and change nappies when required
• effective behaviour management strategies
• ability to manage a key group of children under the direction of the class teacher, work with the Tapestry platform and make ongoing assessments informing children's next steps.
In return we can offer the successful candidate:
• a school that welcomes ideas for development and innovation
• happy and hardworking children
• a vibrant school curriculum
• a school with a caring and supportive ethos where everyone is valued
• a dedicated and enthusiastic staff team
• a commitment to your personal professional development
Hours of work: 5 days per week - 8.50 – 3.20 (1 hour for lunch unpaid)
Contract type: Temporary until July with a possibility of becoming Permanent
Closing date (and time): Midday Monday 27th January 2020
Please enclose a covering letter with any application.
Interview date: TBC
Commencement date: 24th February 2020