Castle View Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic and aspirational person to help transform our Ebacc faculty. You will be an excellent classroom practitioner with a passionate belief in the ability for all to succeed. You will be confident and able to motivate our learners and our staff to achieve outstanding outcomes.
The successful candidate will lead teaching and learning across the EBACC faculty and will be instrumental in supporting the Director of EBACC in realising an ambitious vision.
- To provide inspirational leadership, motivation and lead best practice in Teaching and Learning across the EBACC Faculty
- To work in partnership with the Director of EBACC, ensuring the faculty achieves academic outcomes that exceed the national benchmarks.
- To act as a member of the extended leadership team, modelling leadership skills that cultivate, nurture and develop talent within the EBACC Faculty.
- To deliver outstanding lessons in one or more of the Ebacc subjects
- To be ambitious for yourself, the academy and the students that attend
If you are conscientious, a dedicated team player, able to relate to staff and students, have a desire to work in a disruption free learning environment and are passionate about making a difference, we want to hear from you.
For the ‘right candidate’ we also have tremendous leadership development opportunities through our talent management program.
You will have proven:
- Demonstrable commitment to raising attainment of all pupils in a challenging classroom environment
- Experience of having designed, implemented and evaluated effective, imaginative and stimulating schemes of work and of leading successful enrichment programmes
- Experience or knowledge of improving the quality of teaching and learning through the development of progression plans, schemes of work and high-quality resources
- Experience leading a team and/or working to support the significant success of others
- Experience of interpreting complex student data to drive lesson planning and student progress
- Be or demonstrate the potential to become an outstanding teacher
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for related Ebaac subject
- Effective and systematic behaviour management
- Knowledge of the national secondary education system, examinations and curriculum
Please apply online by clicking on the following link https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1869460?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.