Wellington College Hangzhou is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic A Level and IGCSE Economics/Business Studies teacher. The teacher will work collaboratively with an international team to provide education to the Senior School pupils based on the Wellington College philosophy and ethos. The Economics/Business Studies teacher must support each individual pupil’s growth and development, encouraging them as Wellingtonians to be inspired, intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive. The teachers must demonstrate an understanding of the wider curriculum and administration needs of the school, and achieve high standards by responding professionally, sensitively and caringly to the needs of the pupils.
The successful candidate will plan and deliver topics from the IGCSE curriculum and develop an engaging and exciting A Level Economics/Business Studies curriculum at Wellington College in Hangzhou. The College is looking for a candidate who would relish the challenge of establishing the subject in a new school.
The Economics/Business Studies teacher will have the responsibility for the planning and teaching of the subject to the designated class, the content of each lesson being determined by the examination board and by the Head of Sixth Form. The teacher will also be required to carry out other such duties as the Head of Sixth Form may reasonably direct from time to time. He/she is expected to display the highest standards of professionalism in his/her teaching and in his/her relationships with colleagues and parents.
The teacher must ensure that an excellent learning environment is provided for the learning of Economics/Business Studies, and that the students develop a positive attitude to the subject within the College. The teacher must present lessons in a structured and coordinated manner with due regard to the ability of the students and the curriculum targets of the year group.
Teaching and Learning
1. Contribute to the holistic well-being of all pupils and specifically to those assigned to your individual care.
2. Make all students aware of the Wellington College Mission Statement, values and Identity base including the Eight Aptitudes model of education, their values, aims, and display them in an innovative and informative fashion in the classroom and adjacent corridors.
3. Undertake class management as a class teacher.
4. Complete teaching plans on time and to a high standard.
5. Teach Economics/Business Studies lessons independently.
6. Participate in curriculum meetings and year level meetings with international and Economics/Business Studies teachers. Contribute ideas during discussions.
7. Regularly assess the students’ work by means of formative and formal termly/half-termly assessments, as directed by the Head of Sixth Form. Communicate with the Head of Sixth Form regarding any student whose progress or behaviour gives cause for concern.
8. Monitor and evaluate constantly the effectiveness of your own teaching, maintaining good standards of practice and ensuring progression. Work collaboratively and effectively with all colleagues.
9. Participate fully in the Staff Appraisal system, with classroom observation of colleagues and a willingness to be personally observed within the classroom. Submit books, records or planning as required for monitoring by colleagues or the Head of Sixth Form.
10. Be involved in developing, implementing and monitoring all College policies regarding Economics/Business Studies, and to assist in the necessary documentation pertaining to the subject, where required by the Head of Sixth Form.
11. Assist with the resourcing of Economics/Business Studies as a subject for the Sixth Form, and work with the Head of Sixth Form in drawing up the annual order.
12. Apply consistently and diligently the rules of the College in order to maintain discipline, standards of dress and to safeguard the happiness, safety and well-being of all students. To ensure that students know, understand and follow the College rules.
13. Provide opportunities for the community to be involved in pupils’ and setting success.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate
Major: Economics/Business Studies
Teacher Qualification: Must have Teacher License
Language: Fluent English speaker
Experience: A minimum of 2 years working experience in teaching IGCSE, A Level Economics/Business Studies
Please attach your CV, Teacher License together with a cover letter here.
Wellington College Hangzhou is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service, or local national equivalent.
Further details of the above position are available in the file of Job Description below.
For more information about Wellington College Hangzhou, please click ‘Learn More about this school’ in the bottom.
Should you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Huili School Hangzhou offers a world-class bilingual education for children aged from 2 to 18, which begins in Huili Nursery Hangzhou with the Early Years Foundation Stage supported by the Early Years statements taken from the Zhejiang Curriculum. In...