We are looking for an Economics Teacher in a school that offers excellent opportunities for professional development. William Perkin Church of England High School, an Ofsted outstanding school with a thriving Sixth Form, is one of four Twyford Trust schools and offers exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for talented and energetic teachers who support the ethos of our schools. The school offers comprehensive T&L and CPD opportunities for all teachers. The role is also suitable for NQTs and RQTs.
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative teacher and curriculum planner who is looking to support the Economics department in planning and delivering the curriculum, and for monitoring the progress of students. The new post-holder will contribute to a consistently high quality of teaching and learning in the department, and will support the development of a culture of sharing good practice. You will be also be committed to the delivery of a rich wider learning offer in Economics.
The school offers a wide-ranging Economics curriculum including participation in the RES Essay Competition previous participation in the Bank of England’s Target Two Point Zero Competition.
The new post-holder will be joining a small and successful department within the Social Sciences faculty, whose first set of A-Levels will be taken this summer.
For more information about the school please see the Trust and school websites, and for more information about this role please see the Job Description on the Twyford Trust website at: http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
- Ability to teach Economics to A Level
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A commitment to supporting the wider learning opportunities of the Economics department
- A commitment to the ethos of the school
- Exceptional professional development and career progression
- Positive working relationships at all levels
- A supportive and lively Leadership Team
- Opportunity to gain experience within 4 different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website http://www.twyfordacademies.org.uk/recruitment/vacancies for more information about how to apply, and to download a Job description, Application Form and Letter to Applicants.
Applications must be submitted to HR/Recruitment at the Twyford Trust by the closing date and time above. They can be posted to Twyford Church of England Academies Trust, c/o Twyford Church of England School, Twyford Crescent, Acton, London W3 9PP or emailed to email@example.com Please do not submit application s by fax.
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 29th January 2020
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
You will also be expected to sign and adhere to the school’s SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE and SAFE WORKING PRACTICE AGREEMENT which is available as a download on the school website Vacancies page.