Salary: Competitive package
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Suitable for NQTs: No
Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of two to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
Academic levels are high at Runnymede College. In June 2020 79% of our students achieved A-A* at A Level, which meant three of our pupils gained places at Oxford and a further 25 at UCL, LSE, Imperial College and Edinburgh. Two students also turned down places at Oxford and Cambridge to study at Yale and Stanford respectively. Most of our graduates choose to study in the UK, Spain or the US, although other destinations such as France, Switzerland and the Netherlands are also considered.
There are close to 200 pupils in the VI Form and Economics is a popular subject as many choose to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at university.
The school is looking to recruit an A Level Economics teacher to join their Senior School team.
The successful applicant will have:
- a good honours degree from a British University
- a PGCE or other qualified teacher status for secondary teaching
- recent experience as an A Level Economics teacher in a school in the UK
- the ability to modify learning strategies to target the needs of individual students
- high expectations of pupils’ effort and behaviour, and facilitate this with proven classroom management skills
- be a native level english speaker
- possess valid references, and have an up to date CRB/DBS/ICPC check
- have a good working knowledge of ICT systems and the application of ICT in the classroom
- previous experience working with SIMS
Other preferable but not essential criteria:
- Previous experience of an international school
Please complete the TES online application form and send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org a recent photograph and names, (including telephone numbers) and email addresses of two referees.
Final date for applications- 31st December 2020
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.