Smart Teachers is recruiting for a well-qualified full time Economics Teacher / Economics NQT with excellent subject knowledge and a real passion to start a full time permanent contract from September 2019. The successful candidate will teach lessons across all the year groups within the only not- for-profit, co-educational, exclusively International Baccalaureate (IB) School located in Westminster, Central London. The post will suit any experienced candidate or newly qualified teacher. The school has strong foundations with regards to a challenging academic programme, an innovative approach to wellbeing and an integrated digital learning environment.
About the Role
• Economics Teacher / Economics NQT
• To support the delivery of outstanding KS3 – KS5 Economics lessons
• Full time, 5 days a week
• Looking to interview after the Easter Holiday period
• Up to £43,000 pro rata (Depending on experience)
About the School
• 11–18 independent mixed school
• Long tradition of academic excellence and creativity within an exceptionally welcoming and supportive environment
• With a holistic and integrated digital learning programme, extensive student wellbeing programme and a commitment to the lifelong learning of its staff, this school can truly describe itself as innovative, collaborative and community orientated
• Located within central London, Westminster borough
• Easy to access using public transport for multiple routes
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Economics Teacher/ Economics NQT will need to meet the following criteria:
• A PGCE qualification or equivalent, specialising in Economics
• Have a minimum of 2 years' professional teaching experience
• Have previous experience teaching the UK Curriculum or an equivalent
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) on the Update Service
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number IXK41792ECO.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.