Prepare London’s most able state school students for entry to the world’s top universities.
A 2016 Ofsted inspection found Harris Westminster Sixth Form to be Outstanding in all areas, confirming our status as London’s leading state sixth form for able students. Harris Westminster combines the strengths of Westminster School in teaching academically able students with the Harris Federation’s experience in establishing and running outstanding maintained sector schools. We take full advantage of our location just off Parliament Square to provide students with a vibrant and stimulating academic environment including weekly guest lectures in school. We are highly over-subscribed, academically selective and have a very varied student cohort including 40% Pupil Premium. A large proportion of our students go on to study at Oxford, Cambridge and other Russell Group Universities. We are looking for outstanding individuals to join this exciting and scholarly community.
Harris Westminster Sixth Form is looking to hire an Economics Teacher for September 2017 who is both passionate about preparing London’s most able state school students for entry to the world’s top universities and is keen to join a highly academic and successful department.
We opened in September 2014 with 138 students, seven of whom secured places at Oxford or Cambridge and over half of whom went on to study at Russell Group universities. We now have over 500 students who are revelling in an environment where learning and scholarship are paramount and who are working to match and exceed the results of the pioneer cohort.
We are looking for an Economics teacher with:
- Enthusiasm, passion, outstanding subject knowledge and a consistent drive to teach beyond A*
- Vision, presence and clarity
- A love of learning and a desire to further your knowledge both within and outside Economics
- The ability to deliver consistently good (or better) lessons
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to teach some of the brightest young minds in London and open up the world’s most prestigious universities to them
- Support, CPD and networking with subject experts at Westminster School and from across the Harris Federation
- A positive and innovative learning environment where teaching is spread across six days per week
- Opportunities to deliver Cultural Perspectives classes in areas of knowledge that are of particular interest to you
- Excellent prospects for future promotion
As part of the Harris Federation of Schools you can expect to work in an atmosphere of mutual support and co-operation with superb professional development and promotion opportunities within both the Sixth Form and the Harris Federation. If you are committed to the learning and well-being of London’s teenagers, we welcome your application.
This post would suit more experienced teachers looking for an opportunity to innovate and develop, or an NQT seeking an exciting and academically rigorous school in which to start their career. First class NQT mentoring will be provided by leaders at Harris Westminster in partnership with subject experts at Westminster School.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.