Job Ref: WLV000001382
Temporary Contract for 2 years in the first instance, after which there is a strong possibility that a full time position will become available
We are seeking a part time Education Advisor to promote the learning and achievement of children and young people in the care of City of Wolverhampton Council.
Based within the Corporate Parenting and Education (COPE) team, you will provide challenge and support to schools and key partners to support inclusion and improve the academic attainment of LAC from year 1 to 13.
- help to rigorously monitor attendance and attainment and ensure that the best possible support is in place to raise achievement for this cohort
- develop and maintain strong links with schools, social work teams and other key agencies and organisations, working in close collaboration to ensure that the needs of LAC are understood and prioritised. To this end you will support the training and development of school staff and governing bodies, foster carers and other key partners in promoting the achievement of LAC both within school and home settings
- carry some supervisory responsibilities and take an operational lead in ensuring that the educational priorities of the LAC service are met
- have a good general standard of education and a first degree or equivalent. Qualified Teacher status is an advantage but is not an essential requirement for this post. However, a good knowledge of the statutory education system and experience of working with vulnerable children and young people in an educational and/or care setting is essential
- be an enthusiastic team player with excellent communication and organisational skills and a proven ability to guide, motivate and persuade others
This is an excellent opportunity to make an important contribution to improving the life chances of vulnerable children, within a dynamic and ambitious team with a good record of success in raising the attainment of Looked after Children.
Reporting to the Virtual School Head (VSH) for LAC, you will initially be based at Beldray Building in Bilston and will be required to travel regularly throughout Wolverhampton and beyond, as appropriate.
For more information about this post please contact Darren Martindale, Virtual School Head for Looked After Children on 01902 551039 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 2 DECEMBER, 2016
Apply online at www.wmjobs.co.uk/employer/1015/city-of-wolverhampton-council/
People - Children and Young People - Looked After Children (LAC) Service