Are you an outstanding teacher, who wants to transform how schools build the essential skills of their students while maintaining a flexible workload?
Enabling Enterprise is an award-winning social enterprise. Our mission is to ensure that one day, all students leave school equipped with the skills, experiences and aspirations to succeed – beyond just a set of qualifications.
We do this through supporting schools with an award-winning curriculum and support to build their students’ essential skills – from 3- to 18-year-olds. We are leading the Skills Builder Partnership, which includes 500 schools, 40 skills-building organisations and 130 top employers including hospitals, airports and leading international companies.
We are looking for self-starters with a collaborative, entrepreneurial approach; comfortable working with students and presenting to school leaders, and with a passion for education.
To build credibility, we are looking for evidence of high-quality teaching practice in a primary or secondary school in the UK in any subject specialism. We are also looking for someone with strong evidence of relationship building.
This role gives you the opportunity to choose your own working pattern, and is flexible on the number of days per year. You will be supported by a team of highly skilled, full-time Education Associates and benefit from engaging and comprehensive training.
From our three offices in London, Birmingham and Leeds, we currently work with over 120,000 students in schools across the country. We are in a period of strong growth, with backing from sector leading organisations including the CBI, the National Education Union and the Careers & Enterprise Company.
If you want to be part of an inspiring team, and benefit from opportunities for rapid growth, development and challenge, we want to hear from you.
(1) Programme Delivery
● Ensuring high quality delivery of programmes to schools in the region by:
○ Delivering programmes in schools
○ Liaising with school leaders and teachers to ensure consistent high-quality delivery that meets and exceeds expectations
○ Organising and delivering teacher training to initiate, develop and embed our programmes
○ Supporting schools to adapt programmes to their requirements
○ Organise and deliver student trips to our business partners
● Building excellent relationships with a cluster of schools
● Supporting strong partnerships with employer supporters
Key Skills and Attributes:
● Passion for Learning and Education: An experienced and qualified teacher, you will be someone who loves learning and working with children and young people, with a passion for innovative education practice, and always trying to improve your own teaching.
● Relationship Building: We are looking for experience of developing networks to build and maintain effective relationships. This will help you to build the close partnerships we need to support our schools in embedding our programme.
● Organisational Skills: This role requires the management of a full and varied workload, and you need to be someone who gets stuff done – on time, and to exacting standards. You will be able to work independently whilst also being an effective team player.
● Self-Motivation and Ownership: With resilience, you will thrive on responsibility, and taking ownership of your work. You will enjoy achieving and have a proven record of delivering on ambitious outcomes and educational targets and taking the lead on new innovations.
Terms & Conditions:
Day rate: £220 - £260 + travel expenses
Working hours: Flexible number of days per year
Location: We work with schools across England, but this role would work particularly well for people based in the following areas:
• The East of England
Applications should be made via our online form - on completion of the online application please also send your CV by email to email@example.com. This round of applications ends at 9am on Monday 23rd September 2019 with interviews taking place on Wednesday 2nd October 2019.
Applicants are encouraged to explore our work at www.skillsbuilder.org before applying.
Enabling Enterprise is an equal opportunities employer, and actively encourages applications from all qualified individuals.