Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Interim Principal: Jo Spencer
Education Attendance Officer
All-through mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. The secondary school has grown, year on year, to become an 11-18 academy of 1250 students with specialist status in mathematics and music. In 2014 the primary phase opened, welcoming 90 reception-aged pupils. This too will expand each year until full in 2020.
In June 2014 and in October 2018, the school was judged to be outstanding in all categories by OFSTED.
We are looking for an Education Attendance Officer to join our team of staff. This is an exciting new role. The successful candidate will support students and families and liaise closely with external agencies in order to ensure high levels of student attendance.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have experience in developing and supporting administrative functions and in using and maintaining databases or management information systems
· Have previous experience of working with young people and their families, ideally dealing with student attendance in a school setting
· Have excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
· Have the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· play a key role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
· support students and families in maintaining high levels of student attendance at the Academy
· join the Ark network, with comprehensive career and professional development provisions.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
For an informal, confidential discussion please contact HR on 0208 911 6656 or HR@isaacnewtonacademy.org
Please complete your application by 9am on Friday 28th February 2020.
Location: Ilford, Redbridge
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Ark Support Band 7 £25,353 - £30,213 pro rata per annum (actual: £22,270 -£26,539)
Hours: Term time only plus 1 week. 36 hours per week
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.