Berkeley Academy was established in December 2017 having previously been a local authority school. It is the lead primary school in ADMAT (Advantage Multi-Academy Trust), an educational trust that focuses on improving life chances for children brought up in disadvantaged areas, and is focused on community transformation through excellent education. The school is rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED.
The role involves managing the strategy and operation of the business functions of the school including finances, human resources, premises, health and safety, compliance and administration. The Education Business Manager will support the Executive Headteacher and the School Leadership Team to ensure that all are working in compliance with current legislation. The successful candidate will ensure that teaching and learning are well supported and that children are safe.
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who has experience of managing people, projects and budgets. In particular, we require someone who:
• Pays attention to detail and has strong analysis ability
• Has strong financial management skills
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Is highly motivated and entrepreneurial
• Ideally holds a recognised accountancy or business management qualification (eg., a relevant degree or a school business management qualification) OR has relevant experience
• A forward thinking and innovative working environment
• A strong commitment to staff development ensuring thorough induction and ongoing training and development
•Support from the highly experienced finance team at Cranford Community College, our partner secondary school
•A great opportunity to be part of our new and expanding academy trust
Berkeley Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and an Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure will be sought for the successful candidate.
Closing Date: 12 Midday on Wednesday 6th June 2018
Please click on the ‘apply’ button below to complete the application form for this role.