This is a new and exciting role at Focus-Trust. We are looking for an inspirational, solution-focused individual who will oversee and lead our school improvement offer to our schools, leaders and colleagues.
Focus-Trust is committed to the continued improvement of the quality of education in our schools and aims to achieve this through adopting research led practice in teaching and learning. The Education Director will be at the heart of this work and will work closely with the CEO, Director of Teaching and Learning and school leaders to help us achieve our educational vision of making a difference to our 6,000+ children’s lives: ‘Great schools at the heart of our communities’.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, forward thinking professional with a track record of successful school improvement leadership within the primary sector.
This is a unique opportunity to join a very special values-driven organisation based in the North- West and West Yorkshire.
Focus-Trust is a primary trust established in 2012 as a not-for- profit charity with children at the heart of everything it does. It currently has 15 primary schools though is looking to expand and the Education Director will help us achieve our ambition of great schools with great educators in every classroom. The Trust is a learning organisation, where the learning of all children and adults is valued and continually promoted. See our Learning Together website www.learning.focus-trust.co.uk
Further details about the Focus-Trust can be found at www.focus-trust.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter @FocusTrust1
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Will inspire and challenge colleagues to share our strategic vision
- Have a proven track record of innovating and succeeding in a complex organisation
- Will recognise changing vulnerabilities and priorities in our schools and do what needs to be done to support them and ensure they succeed
- Have consistently high expectations to improve outcomes for all our children and colleagues
- Are honest, approachable, adaptable, resilient, patient, motivated and an excellent communicator who can demonstrate that they work with integrity and respect for all
- Have excellent organisational skills and enjoy the challenges faced in a busy primary school trust
In return we offer:
- A nationally well-regarded and inspirational trust
- An opportunity to work for an organisation who live out our core values: ‘care, dare, fair and share’
- A diverse workplace and community of schools
- A strong culture of collective efficacy across Focus-Trust.
- An experienced, supportive and committed senior leadership team who work together to achieve the best for all children and colleagues
- A strong Trust Board who are fully committed to continued improvement whilst caring for the wellbeing of all colleagues, children and communities
- A commitment to support your ongoing professional development within a supportive and developmental coaching culture
We welcome applications from people within and beyond the education sector and will consider applications on merit respecting all nine protected characteristics.
Closing date 15 September 2021 at Noon
1st interviews 21 September 2021
Formal interviews and assessment 23 September 2021
The Welcome to Focus Trust power point presentation will give you all the information you will need to know about the role. You will need to complete the application form and return it to C.Livingstone@focus-trust.co.uk by 15 September at Noon.
If you would like help or more information about the application pack/process, please contact Claire Livingstone, Head of HR and OD for Focus-Trust: firstname.lastname@example.org. 07824 314392
If you would like to find out more about Focus-Trust and the role, please contact Helen Rowland, our Chief Executive: email@example.com to arrange to talk via Zoom/Teams.
Contact Focus Trust on 01457 821813
Focus Academy Trust (UK) Limited
- English primary schools