Education Executive - 20010107
What is the purpose of this role?
To enhance the teaching and learning of water for young people, from Key Stage 2 upwards. As part of an education team, you will support the company’s aims to increase awareness of Thames Water’s core business of water and waste water services, and this will include the development of and delivery at a Thames Water education centre in East London. The post holder will also manage key education stakeholders in the region and deliver a range of education events both in schools and at the centre.
What makes this role unique?
As the UK's largest Water and Wastewater Company, we provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London, the Thames Valley and surrounding area. We have an amazing history, but are equally excited by the future and our future customers. We already self-generate enough electricity to power a city the size of Oxford, but by 2020 we expect 30 per cent of our power to come from sewage. In addition investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve our network and infrastructure - our pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe.
What will this role involve?
The Executive will:
- Develop and deliver the education facilities programme which is a core aspect of our community investment programme.
- Develop innovative and exciting lessons and activities for our education programme that support relevant school curriculum and meet the needs of our primary and secondary school audiences.
- Build credible partnerships with schools and key stakeholders to help deliver and communicate education activity.
- Lead on and deliver key education projects.
- Report internally and externally on company-wide CI activity including inputs, outputs and impacts.
- Communicate and promote the schools education programme both internally and externally.
- Work successfully as a key member of an education team, but day to day activity will require a significant amount of independent working.
What skills are we looking for?
You will ideally hold a degree or equivalent.
To be successful in this role you will need to have excellent relevant experience in a formal education role (teacher or other education provider) ideally with a science/technology or environmental background.
You should have experience in running successful and creative education programmes or events and proven project management skills with the ability to run various elements of a programme concurrently.
You will possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Stakeholder management skills and the ability to represent the company credibly at middle / senior management level will be vital to this role.
We are looking for someone who can act as a credible ambassador for the company demonstrating experience and knowledge around community investment, both internally and in the wider business world.
You will also need confidence and ability to liaise and negotiate with senior management.
This can be a highly pressurised environment and you must be comfortable meeting targets and deadlines as well as have the ability and drive to work independently.
This role is based at one of our operational sites near Dartford in Kent, although occasional travel to other parts of our catchment would be required; therefore a clean driving licence is desirable.
Thames Water information & Salary
This Level 6 role is based at Long Reach Sewage Treatment Works near Dartford.
We are offering a salary of between £34,000 and £46,000, depending on skills and experience.
To apply please click the apply button or click here.