Would you like to be part of our mission to end poverty?
Are you passionate about developing young people as active global citizens?
Do you have a strong understanding of global development issues and the education system in Scotland?
If so, we would like to hear from you to be part of our UK Policy, Programmes and Campaigns team based in our Glasgow office.
You will have the ability to work independently to develop and deliver a long-term vision and strategic plan to achieve significant development education impact in Scotland. You will take responsibility for maintaining and developing key alliances and networks within the development education sector in Scotland.
Using your in-depth knowledge of the Scottish education landscape you will help develop and create key teaching materials that will support young people to contribute to a future that is secure, just and free from poverty.
You will engage with Scottish educators to disseminate teaching materials and to create opportunities for them to develop their skills, understanding and confidence in teaching development education.
You will be responsible for shaping work that has the potential to have a major impact on young people’s learning and development.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge
- Significant knowledge and experience of teaching, learning and curriculum development in the formal education sector
- Strong networking, training and facilitation skills
- Effective advocacy and influencing skills with internal and external audiences
- Ability to work independently when necessary, and at times with minimal supervision
- Experience and competence in project management
- Understanding of, and demonstrable commitment to, Education for Global Citizenship and active and participatory methodologies in education
- A strong understanding of, and commitment to, global development issues and domestic poverty issues
- Good analytical, strategic, and conceptual thinking skills
- Good time management, forward planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, to contribute to development of team and programme initiatives
- Commitment to Oxfam’s values
- Ability to integrate a gender and diversity analysis into the work
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to make a great impact through your experience in global citizenship education. Oxfam has been recognised as the Indeed UK Best Places to work 2017.
How to apply
This is an opportunity for an exceptional, dedicated, and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job description and apply online by clicking the below button.
Closing Date: 4th August 2017
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation