About E-ACT’s Internal Audit Team
E-ACT is a multi-academy trust responsible for c30 academies across England. The internal audit team works across all academies and with regional staff to review, support and challenge the many aspects of educational delivery. The programme reviews an array of operational and educational aspects to provide assurance to the Board of Trustees about E-ACT’s delivery. The current three year programme is designed to drive change, improve educational outcomes and support regionalisation as well as exploit and encourage efficiency throughout operational delivery.
About the role
The recently developed Internal Audit Service is seeking to appoint an Education Internal Auditor to join the team. Led by the Head of Internal Audit & Risk Management and reporting into a fully engaged Audit and Risk Committee, the team independently offers a broad spectrum of work to support the effective delivery of education whilst offering an advisory and strategic function. The successful candidate will be required to travel to all academies across the trust undertaking internal audit reviews and follow up reviews to consider progress made.
For full details of the role please read the job description.
Our ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
· A proven track record as a qualified teacher along with demonstrable evidence of educational safeguarding, attendance, SEND, pupil premium and general educational outcomes.
· Previous role as a member of a senior leadership team and be able to demonstrate and articulate a passion for student opportunities and student learning.
· A track record in compliance checks or review processes would be advantageous but full training and support will be given to the successful candidate.
· Demonstrable experience of drafting high quality, focussed reports at senior/trustee level
· A commitment to our values and is able to demonstrate they have and will continue to act in accordance with them
· A strong desire to work in internal audit and help to drive standards.
The successful candidate will use their current skills and educational experience to provide thoughtful advice, insight and judgment to make a difference to the students within our multi-academy trust.
You do not need to be a qualified auditor to apply for the role as training will be provided in the areas of delivery to the right candidate.
Why work for us?
We offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a professional training and development for all our staff.
We are leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme. We also offer an employee assistance programme for all our employees.
How to apply
For an informal discussion or further information about the role or the trust, the Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management can be contacted via HR.Team@e-act.org.uk in the first instance.
Your application should outline how you meet the skills and experience elements of the person specification and demonstrate your desire to work within the internal audit team and meet E-ACT values.
The closing date for applications is midday on 3rd August 2018.
Interviews to be held between 13th – 15th August 2018.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references. E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.