The role of the Education Manager is to assist the Director of Education in shaping the Education programme across all four Festivals - Music, Literature, Jazz and Science; this role will be the specialist knowledge lead with regards to the Literature Festival. Education and year-round projects are a core element of the work of the Festivals, and the Education Manager will have a key role in developing, promoting and evaluating this activity.
The Education Team consists of 5 permanent members of staff, Education Director, 3 x Education Managers (Jazz/Music, Science & Literature leads) and 1 part-time Education co-ordinator.
Key areas of responsibility include:
· Assist the Director of Education in shaping the Education Programme
· Support the Development team in attracting funding for all Education projects.
· Work closely with the Literature Programming team to design and develop Festival on-site and outreach programmes for children and young people which fulfils the Festivals’ vision and objectives
· Jointly lead the delivery, including evaluation, of the Literature for Schools Festival Programme.
· Liaise with Festival and Marketing teams to promote the programme in order to increase participation and to build the CF brand
· Project manage identified year-round programmes, taking responsibility for the delivery, impact evaluation and budget
· Build Cheltenham Festivals’ profile within existing and new subject-specialist networks
· Write concise and accurate reports
· Coordinate, contract and support freelance practitioners, volunteers and work experience students