Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position. Intending applicants must:
o Be fully supportive of the ethos of Catholic Education;
o Be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation;
o Be registered or be eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers.
Catholic Education Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Purpose of the role
The Education Officer VET supports school leaders and members of school communities in their delivery of quality VET programmes in order to provide high quality learning and teaching outcomes for students.
The work of the Education Officer VET focuses on assisting schools to implement quality VET programmes consistent with current Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) and guidelines. The role has a commitment to working with school communities to support both CES priorities and individual school needs. The Education Officer VET provides support at staff, school, cluster and Diocesan levels.
The Education Officer VET will assist Diocesan personnel in a range of priority projects including but not limited to:
• The Cairns Catholic Vocational Trade Training Centre (CCVTTC) Cluster Group.
• Response to disseminating knowledge and implementing changes that arise from legislative or regulatory changes pertaining to VET programs across the Diocese.
• Developing projects that align with the Disability Standards for Education legislation (2005).
Mandatory qualifications and requirements
• Professional qualifications in Education
• Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers
• Current drivers’ licence
• A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education
• Promote child safety at all times
• Capacity to understand and implement Duty of Care and Workplace Health and Safety requirements.