Monash College is the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students. For over 20 years we have been leaders in our field, preparing the next generation of global professionals to succeed at university and in their careers.
At Monash College Diplomas, we offer a guaranteed pathway into bachelor courses at Monash University. We have five diplomas leading to degrees in Arts, Art and Design and Architecture, Business, Engineering, Information Technology and Science. All students who achieve the required grade are offered a place at Monash University with full credit into the second year of their degree studies.
We are seeking an experienced Education Teacher who will be responsible for the delivery of high quality teaching and learning.
The success of this unit lies on your ability to:
- Develop engaging teaching and learning sequences
- Motivate students to read the required readings and complete assigned homework prior to attending class
- Coordinate all the teaching and learning activities for the unit
- Facilitate group discussion
- Provide formative assessment and feedback.
You will initially be engaged in designing curriculum and teaching improvements, development of innovative learning activities, assessment opportunities, examination and moderation tasks. You will also be responsible for the delivery of high quality teaching and learning of classes/tutorials of up to 25 students.
- Have previous experience teaching Education at a tertiary level
- Possess strong facilitation skills and motivational skills
- Demonstrate expertise in the development and implementation of teaching and learning innovations
- Possess a relevant teaching degree (essential)
- Strong links and involvement with industry (preferred)
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia
- Occasional travel between campuses may be required.
- Labour Day, Queen's Birthday and Melbourne Cup day are normal working days, without penalty payments for time worked. Five days leave (accrued at 1⅔ per public holiday worked) will be granted in lieu, to be usually taken on the days falling between Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
- The position require a current Working with Children Check or VIT registration.
For the full position description please click here.
Applications Close: Tuesday 20th March, 2018
Three year fixed term contract
Strictly no agencies please