St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School, North Rockhampton (P-6) is a Catholic, co-educational school catering for students from Prep through to Year 6. As a Catholic School we teach knowledge and understanding of Catholic beliefs and traditions. We also aspire to be a community where children experience and see our beliefs and values in practice, “by word and by deed”.
Our Catholic school aims to offer an academic education of the highest standard and seeks to make a difference in the life of each child by explicitly teaching life-giving values such as respect, dignity, peace, honesty, justice and love.
Through an atmosphere of academic and pastoral care, students are equipped with the learning and personal skills necessary to help them take their place in the twenty-first century.
About the role
This is position is a part time position (22.5hpw) comprising of after school care as well as vacation care and will commence in January 2021 and reports directly to the Principal or nominee.
Under direct supervision of the Principal or nominee duties will include:-
- supervision of and interaction with Kindergarten, Prep and Grade 1 children
- planning and programming, assisting the Coordinator with administration tasks
- preparation of afternoon teas.
The successful applicant/s will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. A Working with Children Check (WWCC) and eligibility for a Suitability Notice will also be required. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills.
It is a requirement of the position that the successful applicants undertake a National Crime Check (Police Check) or provide details of a Police Check that is not more than six months old.
- Completed a minimum of an AQF Diploma of Children’s Services (Early Childhood Education and Care) or; an approved 2 year qualification (*Approved qualifications can be found at http://dete.qld.gov.au/earlychildhood/service/qualifications.html)
- Current Suitability Card/ Positive Notice Letter
- First Aid Certificate, CPR, Anaphylaxis & Asthma Training (ACECQA approved)
- It is a requirement of the position that the successful applicants undertake a National Crime Check (Police Check) or provide details of a Police Check that is not more than six months old.
How to Apply
- Please review the Position Description before preparing your application
- Complete the application form
- Submit your application and supporting documentation to:
St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School, North Rockhampton
Applications close 19 January 2021.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
About St Anthony’s Catholic Primary School North Rockhampton
Catholic Education Diocese of Rockhampton