Contract: 1 August 2017 to 31 August 2018
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong will open in 2018. A primary school, we plan to cater for children aged between 3 and 11 years old. This role offers the unique opportunity to support the pre-operation of the school with a view to continuing as a member of the school staffing team once we are fully operational.
Located in the lush greenery of the Tseung Kwan O District, Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong will provide an exceptional learning experience following the English National Curriculum.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive or definitive list of duties and responsibilities of the post; it may be reviewed and subject to modification at any time after consultation between the post holder and The Principal during the life of the contract.
The Educational Team Leader will report directly to The Principal and will support operational matters, including the admission of students, implementation and development of the school’s mission, vision and values, policies and procedures.
The Educational Team Leader will:
- Work closely with all members of the Pre Operating Team;
- Provide insight and expertise in the development of a rigorous, challenging, rich and broad curriculum structure;
- Liaise regularly with Year Team Leaders and Subject Leaders from the wider Shrewsbury group to ensure parity of provision, continuity and progression, and to share excellent practice;
- Contribute to the marketing and public relations programmes by developing and maintaining effective and positive relationships with schools offering senior education, appropriate local businesses and relevant organisations; and
- Have responsibility for Health and Safety matters related to all aspects of the Job Description
Tasks: The Educational Team Leader will:
- Support The Principal in the development of educational material and resources used to support the setup of the school;
- Meet with prospective parents and prospective pupils;
- Work closely with the admissions team regarding the assessment and admission of students;
- Assist with the resourcing and practical set up of the educational space of the school;
- Identify and attend functions and events to introduce and promote the school to prospective parents and their children;
- Deliver presentations about the school to the wider community;
- Support the work of all colleagues in the Pre Operating Team as appropriate;
- Contribute effectively to the recruitment of new staff;
- Plan and deliver induction for new staff;
- Assist with other educational duties as directed by The Principal from time to time; and
- Monitor, report and resolve Health and Safety issues.
This role presents a unique opportunity to be practically and creatively involved in the development and setup of a new and prestigious primary-specialist school in Hong Kong.
The Educational Team Leader will:
- Have recent experience of working within the Early Years;
- Be a highly motivated, flexible and creative thinker capable of and willing to work beyond the bounds of a Job Description
- Explore arising challenges positively and proactively;
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the English National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage, its assessment and its enhancement;
- Have excellent and proven organisational talents, multitasking skills and a keen eye for detail;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships through their work with staff, parents, children and the wider community;
- Have a strong commitment to teamwork and possess excellent interpersonal skills; and
- Lead with integrity as they promote the school’s philosophy and policies, committing fully to the wider aims of the school.
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of all children;
- Attend in-house Child Safeguarding programmes;
- Keep professional relationships with children, where personal boundaries are respected and maintained;
- Report to The Principal and/or one of the Child Protection Officers employed by the Shrewsbury group any concerns they have for the welfare of a child - this may include unsafe practices witnessed within the organisation as outlined in the school’s Whistleblowing (Shout Out) Policy; an
- Seek advice from a Line Manager or Child Protection Officer with issues or concerns related to Child Safeguarding.
- Satisfactory Hong Kong Police Criminal Record check;
- Successful completion of registration as a teacher through the Education Bureau;
- Confirmation of identity (Passport / HKID card);
- Satisfactory references and medical declaration; and
- Verification of qualifications and work experience.
The successful candidate will receive an internationally competitive package including basic salary, annual gratuity and housing and flight allowances.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form - Academic Staff
Further Details: Full details of the school are available on our website at
Closing Date: 3 July 2017