Starting date: 01.08.2019
Limited initially until 31.07.2021
Full-time: 30 Teaching hours
Position No: 20190411.1
BBIS GmbH is an independently run, state-approved, inclusive, English-medium day and boarding school serving the internationally-minded community of Germany’s capital region and beyond. We are the first International Baccalaureate (IB) World School to be fully authorized by the IB organization to teach all four IB programmes covering the 3 to 19 age range. In the current school year 2018/19 our school teaches about 700 students who represent more than 60 nationalities.
We are currently looking for a
Educational Technology Integrator -Primary Teacher (f/m/d)
To lead the implementation of the Strategic IT plan aiming to help BBIS to become a leading school in the use of technology for learning and teaching.
Continuous tasks include but are not limited to:
• Audit the current provisions for educational use of IT including surveying staff needs
• Guide BBIS in creating an IT strategic plan, in line with School’s Guiding Statements
• Lead the development of a Pre-K to 5 digital life curriculum, embedded in PSHE, and support curricular integration of IT into the IB PYP
• Identify trends and stay abreast of new developments in technology in schools
• Assist teachers in developing curriculum and content utilizing technology
• Support, guide, encourage and help teachers to develop their own effective practice to utilize technology within teaching and learning
• Identify and train digital leaders within the teaching staff
• Identify and train digital ambassadors within the student body
• Provide PD to staff
• Teaching certification, preferably with a master’s degree in a related field
• Experience in a similar role in international schools
• A genuine interest and experience exploiting STE(A)M opportunities to create a Maker experience.
• Record of accomplishment in handling (educational) software, familiarity with relevant hardware
• High level of initiative
• Team player, resilient, positive & growth mindset
• Enjoys taking responsibility
Please review our website www.bbis.de or our Youtube channel and then apply with a letter, CV, and full contact details of three referees including current headteacher, using our online application form.