Position type: residential, fixed-term. (Accommodation and catering provided by employer.)
Dates of employment: 14 April -28 April & 16 June – 25 August
Partial attendances may be considered. Please indicate any dates you are not available in your application.
Responsibilities and Duties
Indication of Duties:
- Deliver a challenging, engaging and effective course of English lessons to a class up to 18 international students, following the relevant scheme of work and the school timetable.
- Write students’ end of course reports.
- Create a stimulating, student-focused and welcoming classroom environment for your group and contribute to the presentation of the EFL department as a whole.
- Participate in the development program (observations, feedback, TD sessions and skill sharing).
- Safely and confidently manage a group of students during off-site excursions and providing continuous supervision, following the relevant itinerary.
- Campus duties; according to rota (e.g. activities, student free time and meal time supervision).
- Contribute to the overnight element of student care if required.
- Attend induction day and participate in short course/summer school set-up and shut-down.
Qualifications and Skills
Required qualifications: CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL.
Preferred qualifications (in addition to above):
- bachelor’s or master’s degree
- first aid qualification
- child protection training
Required experience: little
Preferred (recent) experience:
- teaching English as a foreign language,
- working in boarding schools and/or residential summer schools with children aged 8 to 17.
Language requirement: C2 language user competence in English.