The Estates Department are recruiting for a School Electrician to work under the general direction of the school’s Mechanical & Electrical Engineer. The School Electrician will carry out the electrical works relating to maintenance and development of the School buildings, Boarding Houses and staff accommodation on all school sites and will be responsible for supervising the Apprentice Electrician.
To react to day to day electrical maintenance tasks as directed by the Estates M&E Engineer, Estates Manager, or Estates Assistant.
To undertake pre-planned maintenance and repair of electrical installations, to include:
• Internal and external luminaire re-lamping and cleaning
• Switchgear maintenance (mains-income, switch disconnectors, fused switches, isolators, distribution boards and consumer units)
• Cabling and cable support systems
• Carry out Periodic Inspection and testing of fixed installations in accordance with BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations. IET Wiring Regulations.
• Repairs to emergency lighting.clothing and safety equipment, being mindful of hazards to other staff and pupils
For further details please see the attached job description and to apply, please visit our School website vacancies page.