Australian International School has a vision to be known internationally as an institution which represents educational excellence in all aspects of its operation. Our school philosophy commits us fully to the notion of a holistic, rounded education, which cherishes the arts and sports as well as academics as essential dimensions of each student’s education.
The position of Digital Literacy and STEAM Coach requires to strengthen and improve the integration of digital technologies in the Elementary School .
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of the needs of primary (Prep-Year 5) education, with a specific focus on either Prep-Year 2 (Lower Elementary) or Year 3-5 (Upper Elementary). He/she will have the capacity to achieve excellence in the delivery of a high quality education aligned with the School’s Mission, Vision and Values delivered via the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme.
AIS welcomes the right candidate to join our AIS team in the Elementary School commencing in July 2018.
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- A minimum four-year recognised teaching qualification including a Bachelor’s Degree and Teaching Diploma or a Bachelor of Education
- A minimum of 5 years full- time teaching experience in a similar role in a recognised educational institution
- Experience inquiry based learning such as the IB Primary Years Programme would be an advantage
- Post-Graduate qualifications in IT education or similar would be an advantage
- Proven experience of integrating technologies such as robotics, coding and automation into the programme of inquiry
- Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking and time management
- Ability to work as a part of a team and an interest in participating in the wider school community
We are offering attractive salary and benefit packages to successful candidates.
Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Only applications submitted using the school's application form will be considered. Please submit your completed application form, cover letter and CV by Sunday 29th April 2018, 23 59 (UK Time).
Please provide the following supporting documentation as well as completing our application form:
- CV or Resume (max 2 side of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 1 side of A4)
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.