Australian International School has a vision to be known internationally as an institution which represents educational excellence in all aspects of its operation. Our school philosophy commits us fully to the notion of a holistic, rounded education, which cherishes the arts and sports as well as academics as essential dimensions of each student’s education.
The position of PE Teacher works collaboratively to develop engaging and rich PE units and lessons, which encourage the development of physical fitness, well-being, agility, balance, coordination and game/sport specific skills. Moreover PE is a wonderful vehicle for developing soft skills such as collaboration, reflection, empathy, caring, communication, and team work in an engaging and authentic manner.
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of the needs of primary (Prep-Year 5) education, with a specific focus on either Prep-Year 2 (Lower Elementary) or Year 3-5 (Upper Elementary). He/she will have the capacity to achieve excellence in the delivery of a high quality education aligned with the School’s Mission, Vision and Values delivered via the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme.
AIS welcomes the right candidate to join our AIS team in the Elementary School commencing in January 2018.
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Exemplary teaching and learning skills which achieves an outstanding level of student learning in the area of PE.
- Outstanding organisational and administrative skills that support effective and efficient management of data related to student performance and curriculum documentation relevant to the teaching of PE.
- A strong commitment to the development of a professional learning community that is deeply embedded in the culture of the school.
- Demonstrated the capacity to work with teams and develop co-operative and constructive working relationships that promote quality teaching and learning practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, colleagues, parents and broader community.
- Experience of working with the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme or inquiry based curriculum would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience/capacity to fulfill the core responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to teach all aspects of PE is essential. Experience in the delivery of gymnastics and dance would be an advantage.
We are offering attractive salary and benefit packages to successful candidates.
Further information about this position is available in the attached job description. Only applications submitted using the school's application form will be considered. Please submit your completed application form, cover letter and CV by Sunday 9th July 2017, 23 59 (UK Time).
Please provide the following supporting documentation as well as completing our application form:
- CV or Resume (max 2 side of A4)
- Cover Letter (max 1 side of A4)
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.