Aldar Academies are seeking a high performing Primary Teacher for West Yas Academy commencing August 2018.
West Yas Academy is a Massachusetts State Curriculum school in Abu Dhabi, which is the most highly regarded and successful public school curriculum in the United States.
The Massachusetts Curriculum draws on a rich history of academic excellence and rigor, and has historically benefited from proximity to and interaction with higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Graduates of West Yas Academy will receive the American High School Diploma, which is the standard qualification for entry into colleges and US universities.
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions
- Tax Free salary
- Fully furnished accommodation
- Medical insurance
- Annual Flight
- Opportunity to work within a team of supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- BA Degree or PGCE in Education
- Minimum two years’ postgraduate teaching experience
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
The successful candidate will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copy of passport, education certificates and police clearance to complete the on-line application process. In the CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal.