Apply by: Monday 25th March 2019
Job Start Date: Mid-August 2019
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
The Anglican International School, Jerusalem (AISJ) is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic qualified Elementary teacher to join our team from August 2019. AISJ is a well-established and progressive International school in the heart of Jerusalem, catering for students aged 2 to 18 from the International and local communities. The post will suit a candidate with energy, personal integrity, initiative and the ability to work closely within a team to contribute to the effective delivery of teaching and learning across the curriculum.
AISJ is accredited by the Middle States Association (MSA) and is a member of COBIS, in addition the Elementary school and Pre-school also have BSO accreditation. AISJ is an IB World School delivering the IB Middle Years Program and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). Our recent MSA accreditation report credited the school with the ability to “do the impossible, every day”. Approximately 75% of our student body comes from an international background, with the remaining 25% comprising local Jewish, Muslim and Christian students. AISJ is where the world goes to school.
The post offers the opportunity to live and work at the epicenter of world politics and religion, in a city that is vibrant, diverse and enriched by many different cultures and faiths.
The successful applicants will meet the following essential criteria:
1. A committed and practising Christian.
2. A range of competencies, qualities and experience, ideally including experience teaching Elementary School age group 6-11 year olds.
3. An ability to teach across multiple Elementary grade levels.
4. Excellent command of the English language.
5. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, and parents in a multicultural and frequently demanding environment, with sensitivity to local cultural needs.
For a detailed job description and full details of the post, please visit the school website, www.aisj.co.il, or contact Mrs Pauline Franks, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants for the post should submit a completed AISJ job application form (which can be found on the school website), as well as all required documents as indicated at the bottom of the form.