Sheffield Springs Academy is a United Learning academy, ranked as the most improved secondary in Sheffield for ‘Progress 8’ in the 2016/17 academic year.
Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
Improvements made in outcomes for the academic year 2016/17 were a testament to the relationships between our staff, pupils and their families, each one of them playing their part in in trying to ensure that every pupil achieves their potential.
About the role:
The academy are able to advertise the post of Engagement Officer to complement our existing team, this post will be covering a period of long term absence beginning in September 2019. Please see the attached job description for further details. This is an exciting time to join the academy following the recent Ofsted ‘Good’ judgement.
We are looking to recruit someone with a child centred approach and excellent people skills to support students effectively in order for them to fully participate in learning.
Main duties will include:
- Working under the direction of the Head of Behaviour to provide on call support to pupils needing extra assistance to realise their potential, including dealing with day to day behaviour issues.
- Support with the provision of support for those pupils who need extra help to overcome barriers to learning.
- To support teaching staff to minimise disruption to lessons.
- Respond to individual pupil welfare and behavioural issues.
- To build positive relationships with students,
- Working closely with the Safeguarding team and other relevant staff to ensure that the needs of students with additional learning needs are met so they can develop positive behaviours for learning
What we can offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Excellent employee benefits which include an excellent pension scheme.
What we would like from you;
- To be both authoritative and approachable and have excellent people skills.
- To be a team player.
- To have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- To be resilient in following the academy behaviour policy.
- A fundamental belief in the power of education to enable pupils to achieve anything they set their minds to.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you.
About the School:
- Rated ‘Good’, Ofsted, 2019.
- A United Learning academy.
- Our whole-school ethos of ‘the best in everyone’ underpins our core values of ambition, confidence, creativity, respect, enthusiasm and determination. Our aim is to send every student out into the world instilled with these values, as well as the right knowledge, skills and qualifications, so that they are ready to play their part in it.
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Sianne Wilson, PA, 0114 2392631, Sianne.email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following link.
Closing Date: Monday 15 July 2019 at 9am
Interviews: To take place later the same week
Where support is better shared