Do you have the ambition and determination to secure positive outcomes for our students?
Do you wish to work within a supportive community of teachers and students?
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dynamic Teacher of Engineering and Design Technology to join our school.
James Calvert Spence College is situated in a beautiful coastal town in Northumberland and is a 9-19 through school, catering for students from Year 5 to Year 13. We are within easy reach of urban Tyneside and beyond, with many staff travelling with ease in the opposite direction to the rush hour traffic from Newcastle, Gateshead and Sunderland areas.
JCSC and the Art & Design Directorate have improved considerably over the last few years, and we are determined to secure future improvement through the recruitment of self-motivated and inspiring teacher of Engineering and design technology. The successful candidate will join the Art & Design team, who together deliver an array of specialist Art & Design subjects to years 7-13. All students study Art & Design in KS3, then these subject areas become optional at KS4, although they prove very popular year on year, and our curriculum offer is continually developing. Likewise, at A Level we have a fantastic array of specialist academic and vocational Art & Design based level 3 subjects, which again prove popular and alongside KS4 outcomes, similarly, KS5 results are often among the most successful in the school.
The pupils and staff are looking for a determined and enthusiastic individual who wants to work as part of a team to drive learning forward. This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding teacher of Art & Design to join a school that is committed to improvement.
• Be a strong classroom practitioner, looking to make a positive career move in a unique environment
• Be a positive role model
• Have high expectations of yourself and others
• Be someone with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Be passionate about improving the life chances of our students
We can offer you:
• Trust and autonomy to ensure you can help lead the department in the right direction to ensure our students have a great experience in science.
• Hardworking pupils who are willing to learn
• A supportive, hardworking team of specialist Art & Design teachers
• A friendly and supportive working environment with a dedicated whole staff team
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, including in-house leadership training delivered by our Assistant Headteacher
If you believe you have the experience, vision and drive required for this role then we would love to hear from you.
Should you wish to informally discuss these positions further or would like to visit the college, please contact Mrs Carole Hutchinson (01665 710636, Ext 204, firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange.
Application forms and further details obtainable by visiting www.jcsc.co.uk or telephone 01665 710636.
Completed applications should be submitted to Carole Hutchinson, Assistant to the Executive Headteacher, at James Calvert Spence College, Acklington Road, Amble, Northumberland NE65 0ND. (email@example.com).
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 17th January 2020.
No agencies please