Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Engineering Teacher / Design and Technology Teacher for a modern and forward thinking secondary school based in Harrow, North West London. The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and creative team within the Design and Technology department in a school that has been judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. The department hosts modern equipment and an environment conducive to learning. Alongside students who are engaged in lessons and motivation to succeed, staff are supported very well by both middle and senior management. School wide, the team is warm and welcoming, and they have worked hard to build a strong school community that is inclusive and encourages input from the wider community.
For the right Engineering Teacher / Design and Technology Teacher this will be a permanent appointment from September 2017 and salary will be in line with MPS/UPS Outer London. A desire to grow and take on responsibility within the department in the future would be an advantage, however; this position is open to any newly qualified teachers and also teachers who have trained outside the United Kingdom. The interview process will begin once any suitable CVs have been submitted.
About the Role
· Engineering Teacher / Design and Technology Teacher
· Teaching Engineering and Design and Technology
· Teaching from KS3 through to KS5
· Permanent contract for the right candidate
· MPS/UPS Outer London Salary from £26,139 up to £42,077
About the School
· Large and very successful comprehensive secondary school
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Excellent CPD Opportunities
· Very uplifting and positive environment
· Nurtures and builds upon the school’s cultural diversity
· Supportive environment focused on successful results driven by quality teaching
· Well connected by London Underground and local buses. Ample parking is also available at the school.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a teaching qualification (PGCE / Bachelor of Education or equivalent)
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum or equivalent curriculum
· NQTs and overseas trained teachers are welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number DXM45959.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.