Engineering Lecturer (Electronics)
Stockport and Stretford Campus
17.5 hours per week
£27,027 - £32,362 full time equivalent salary
£13,513.50 - £16,181 pro rata salary
Market supplement may be payable dependant on qualifications and experience
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced electrical/electronics specialist to join the Trafford College Group as an Engineering Lecturer in order to realise our vision of being a dynamic career college.
This is an exciting time to join the Group following the merger with Stockport College and represents a fantastic opportunity to drive transformational change for the students, employers and communities of Stockport and Trafford.
As a Lecturer at Trafford College Group your key responsibilities will include:
• Delivering outstanding courses which meet learner needs through the use of a diverse range of teaching and learning strategies, allowing learners to access a comprehensive range of resources and providing comprehensive assessment opportunities.
• Emphasis will be placed on supporting 16-19 Electrical/Electronics Engineering learners who are working towards EAL programmes from Level 1 to 3.
• Maximising learner recruitment, retention and success through the provision of an outstanding educational experience which enable learners to maximise their potential.
• Completing and maintaining effective data in relation to learners including, attendance, individual learner targets, progression, achievement and destination.
• Being responsible for a course/courses of study and learner outcome.
It will be important for you to have Electronics skills. As such, in order to be successful for this role, it is essential that you possess a relevant professional qualification together with suitable experience which relates to teaching and assessing engineering qualifications.
A teaching, assessor and/or IQA qualification will also be required. Where teaching qualifications are not yet held, there should be a commitment to achieve teacher qualified status within 2 years.
If you share our passion for innovation and success there has never been a better time to work for Trafford College Group!
Trafford College Group – New Group - New Opportunities - A Great Place to Work.
The Trafford College Group promotes, celebrates and values diversity and is committed to promoting equality for all.
The Trafford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment at the Trafford College Group is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check via the Disclosure and Barring Service and any post in regulated activity will also be subject to an additional barred list check.
To apply please click on link:
Closing date for receipt of applications: 30 July at 12.00 pm
Interviews will be held on 2 August 2019 and/or 12 August 2019