Salary: £7994.63 per annum (Full Time Equivalent £16,954.63)
Closing Date: Wednesday 30th May 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 20th June 2018
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated Engineering Technician to join our Engineering team on a permanent term-time only basis working 21 hours per week, 38 weeks per year.
The Engineering Technician will be joining an exceptional, student focused team and will provide a valuable service to our Engineering department. Having recently benefitted from a full refurbishment, the successful candidate will attend to state of the art machinery in a working environment that’s second to none.
The main duties include:
· To complete duties with due regard to Health & Safety and Risk Management procedures
· To maintain a safe working environment for students and staff at all times within the designated areas of the Technology section
· To carry out stores counter duties during all lessons in the workshop including:
o Issuing equipment, materials and other consumables to students
o Cutting and preparing materials for issue to students
o Servicing/replacing, cutting and hand tools to a set schedule
o Calibrating gauges and measuring equipment to a set schedule
· To carry out periodic safety checks on machine tools to a set schedule
The ideal candidates will have:
· 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
· Level 3 qualification or equivalent in an Engineering subject
· Must demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and be receptive to training opportunities to promote self-improvement and technical skill base
· Ability to follow work schedules unsupervised
· Ability to organise stores
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.