The Write Time is offering outstanding individuals the opportunity to join our small independent secondary school (alternative provision) as an English teacher (with the ability and enthusiasm to teach a humanities subject), Currently we are ofsted registered for a maximum of 15 students and provide both full-time and part-time education to pupils who are either permanently excluded from school, or who are at risk of permanent exclusion.
This is a fantastic roles for an outstanding practitioner looking to take a lead in further developing the curriculum that is exciting and different from the mainstream education setting. There is also an opportunity to grow into more senior roles as it is the vision of The Write Time to open additional Alternative Provisions in London and potentially open a Free School within the next few years.
It is The Write Time’s belief that children will not achieve their learning potential when both social and emotional needs are not being met. As a result, we work very closely with other parties (local authorities, social services, referring schools, etc.) to provide an educational and social environment in which our students can flourish as young adults; emphasising not just statutory duties, but giving equal weight to prevention and early intervention to address social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Do you have what it takes to join The Write Time and help shape the future of some of London’s most hard to reach young people?
In order to apply for this, post you will need: -
English & Humanities Teacher
- A teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent)
- A degree or equivalent in a related subject to the subject teaching
- Evidence of a commitment to own professional development
- An ability to engage challenging young people
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Competent user of ICT
- Ability to plan and resource effective interventions to meet curricular objectives
- Competent coordinator and motivator
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Further SEN/SED training
- Worked as part of a team that has been through a successful OFSTED inspection
- An enthusiastic and effective leader
- Ability to use and promote a wide range of teaching methodologies
- Use of assessment and attainment information to improve practice and raise standards
- A knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Use of strategies to promote good pupil relationships and high attainment in an inclusive environment
- Proficient knowledge of AQA/ Edexcel English Literature and Language, Cambridge IGCSE and OCR Functional Skills Literacy
- Secure knowledge of Programs of Study for English at KS3
- Knowledge of teaching Humanities up to KS4
- Strategies to enhance teaching and learning of ICT within English
- An understanding of KS2 English curriculum
This position attracts a salary of £27,000 - £30,000
be flexible to the ever-changing needs of the school and the requirements of the role
Please download an application pack on www.the-write-time.org . If you would like to find out more information about the job, please contact Sam Cuthbertson on 02086897676. Completed applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10am, Friday 28th July 2017 Interviews: August 4th 2017, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.