The Write Time has quickly established itself as a leading specialist mentoring and education organisation working with vulnerable people of all ages to ensure each person referred to our services achieves their full potential in both an educational and personal sense, with the use of Choice Theory. The Write Time has multiple facets to the business. The organization has a small independent school arm that was recently commended by Ofsted for its quality of provision for the wellbeing of young people. We also run a Traineeship programme for young people aged 16-24, helping them to get into education, employment or training. In the past, we have worked with over 500 students across 12 schools in 7 boroughs. The Write Time is now also developing an employment programme that will support young people into apprenticeships.
We are specifically looking for someone to teach English & Maths to either u16 or post-16 students. The role is suited for someone who is comfortable teaching English & Maths to a variety of levels (Entry Level up to A-Level), ages (under-16 and post-16), and needs (challenging behaviour, dyslexia, ASD, ADHD etc.).
Do you have what it takes to join The Write Time and contribute to giving Young People a future?
In order to apply for this, post you will need:
- A good degree in English Language/Maths and a strong qualification in the other subject from a recognised university either in the UK or overseas
- A recognised teaching qualification, preferably PGCE-qualified with QTS
- A minimum of a Level 2 qualification/Grade C in English Language & Mathematics
- To be experienced and talented working with challenging young people and adults from a variety of backgrounds, and to have a track record of success in engaging this client group to achieve positive destinations
- To be a strong user of ICT-based software including MacOS
- To be a competent coordinator and motivator
- To have a minimum of 1 years’ experience as a classroom teacher in a secondary school, further education or alternative provision, and have firm evidence of successful teaching outcomes (NQTs are very welcome to apply and will be treated fairly and favourably)
- To be dynamic, creative, energetic, positive, and willing to communicate ideas appropriately
This position attracts a salary of £24,000 to £29,000.
Please complete the online application form via TES. Please complete your supporting statement against the person specification, as a guide.
If you would like to find out more information about the job, please contact Chris Murray on 07973 886796 or 0208 689 7676.
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 5th January 2018
Interview Date: t.b.c.
NOTE: Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, and reference checks prior to the commencement of employment.