Start date 5th July 2021 - 30th July 2021
Empowering children to thrive is at the core of everything we do. “Here, I can be me.” If this quote from one of our students enthuses you and reflects your passion for making the summer a positive experience for children, you are in the right place!
Amity International School Amsterdam is a family-oriented school, proud of our connections with the wider community and Amity Education Group. We are looking for Summer School Supervisors to join our team.
If you are a dynamic and inspirational EAL Learning Support Assistant (LSA) with IB Primary Years Programme experience, seeking a Summer adventure we would like to hear from you!
The successful applicant will have experienced in LSA and have a strong understanding of the theoretical framework for comprehensive language skills teaching. He/she will have the capability to deliver a high-quality language programme aligned with the School’s Mission and Vision. We are an accredited PYP school, candidate MYP and DP school and expect the successful candidate to embody the IB philosophy.
What will you do on a day-to-day basis?
The main role of the EAL LSA is to provide support for children who are learning English as an additional language. Under the Summer School Coordinator guidance, the LSA will implement English language instruction to facilitate better access to the language. The LSA will ensure that the children can integrate as fully as possible in the summer school activities undertaken by the other children while ensuring the student's language learning needs are being met.
- Respects and practices the content of the school vision, mission and values
- Respects, practices and role models the philosophical and pedagogical values of the International Baccalaureate, as enshrined in its mission statement and learner profile
- Working with other staff members to plan and coordinate events
- Leading and supporting children as they participate in age-appropriate activities
- Monitoring students to ensure compliance with BSO rules and prevent accidents
- Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of BSO facilities and equipment
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations, to the Coordinator
- Memorising all emergency procedures and enforcing rules
- Participating in staff meetings
The successful candidate will under guidance:
- Develop a trusting, supportive relationship with the children and an understanding of the specific language needs of the children
- Encourage independence and inclusion for the children in all areas of the summer school
- Record the children's progress
- Provide support and encourage interaction of the pupil with peers
Qualifications Education (desirable)
- Teaching (Assistant) degree
- TESOL or TEFL certificate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative
- Strong organizational skills
- Supervisory skills and experience
- Ability to work with a variety of ages (between 3-12 years old) and demographic groups
- Ability to take charge and motivate others
- Ability to work professionally with peers of a close age
- Enthusiasm, sense of humour, patience, self-control
- Experience as a BSO / Summer camp supervisor
What’s in it for you?
We are looking for candidates who are willing to go the extra mile for our young school to be successful. In return, we are offering a salary of gross Max. Euro 15,00 per hour (8.00 am-4.00 pm). If you are internationally minded, permitted to work in the European Union and living in The Netherlands, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Who are we?
We are a young and vibrant school located in Amstelveen. We pride ourselves in supporting and challenging every student to achieve excellence in their behaviour, academic work, sport, the arts, culture, citizenship, spirituality and relationships. We place particular emphasis on providing the students with opportunities to develop leadership and collaborative skills, as well as finding ways for them to serve others and contribute to the wider community.
We are a fully international school with students and staff from 39 different countries and we are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome new colleagues from different backgrounds and highly encourage people from around the world to apply for this position.
Amity International School Amsterdam is part of the not-for-profit Amity Education Group, home to over 150.000 students worldwide with school campuses across Amsterdam, Dubai, London, Singapore, New York, Delhi, Tashkent and plans to be in every major city of the world.
Why is Safeguarding so important to us?
We take caring for the physical and emotional health of each member of the school community very seriously. As a school, we are committed to safeguarding and expect all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. We will follow safer recruitment practices and pre-employment background checks before any appointment is confirmed.
What should you do next?
If you feel that you are the candidate we are looking for, make sure to share your CV (resume) and supporting statement via the ‘apply now’ button.
If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact our HR department via email@example.com.
Amity International School, Amsterdam
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 15 years