Brisbane Catholic EducationPetrie
Contract type: Full Time
Start date: January 2021
The English Curriculum Leader is a Tier 2 position and is aligned with the Middle Leadership Triennium 2021 - 2023 as per the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement. This position supports the mission of the school through leadership of the learning and teaching program.
• developing appropriate curriculum in line with national, state and local requirements;
• ensuring that appropriate pedagogies are developed and implemented at all levels;
• ensuring the quality of student learning and the effectiveness of teacher practice through appropriate supervision;
• utilising thorough analysis of current data to inform decisions;
• developing appropriate partnerships within and outside of the school;
• and prudently administering available resources.
(a) the leadership of designated curriculum area(s) taught in the school
(b) commitment to and enrichment of the Marist charism of the College by engaging with it, fostering it and promoting it
(c) the application of contemporary learning and teaching research to classroom practice through professional development of teachers engaged in the area(s) of curriculum responsibility
(d) supervision of teachers engaged in the area(s) of curriculum responsibility
(e) induction of new teachers within the area(s) of curriculum responsibility (or supervision of induction where it is undertaken by another experienced teacher), and/or
(f) pastoral care of staff engaged in the designated area(s) of curriculum responsibility, and/or
(g) other appropriate duties as required by the Principal and consistent with the level of expertise indicated above.
(a) a clear vision of and support for the school's mission and its underlying values and ethos
(b) leadership capacity - a broad vision that extends beyond subject boundaries, initiative, perseverance, acceptance of responsibility, effective organisational skill, ability to communicate appropriately and ability to foster cooperation and collegiality
(c) success as a classroom teacher
(d) an appropriate level of professional qualification both formal and informal and/or relevant experience
(e) professional activity through membership of professional associations and on-going professional development.
(1) Coordinating the development of work programs according to national, state and local requirements.
(2) Coordination of assessment, moderation and reporting programs, and the keeping of appropriate records.
(3) Keeping abreast of developments within the area of responsibility through on-going professional reading and research, and providing for the professional learning of staff in line with these developments.
(4) Engaging in professional discourse with staff on an individual and departmental basis through regular meetings.
(5) Supervising the quality of teaching practice through activities such as collegial planning, moderation, classroom observation, and facilitation of reflective teaching practice.
(6) Supervising the quality of student learning through analysis of student performance data and addressing areas of concern through appropriate interventions.
(7) Contributing to the leadership of the school through active participation in staff and middle leadership meetings.
(8) Managing financial and material resources within the area of responsibility including the formulation of budgets and the expenditure of allocated funds.
(9) Regularly communicating with stakeholders about issues of legitimate interest and/or concern.
Mt Maria College Petrie is a co-educational Secondary College administered by the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane through the Brisbane Catholic Education Office and is a member of Marist Schools of Australia. It is located next to Our Lady of the Way school and Church in Petrie. The College was established by Brisbane Catholic Education in 1987 and was originally named “Kolbe College” after Saint Maximillian Kolbe. One of the main strengths of the College is the continual provision of Inclusive Education to its clientele. Central to our existence is the genuine concern for each student’s academic, spiritual and personal development. Promoting the Catholic faith, personal formation and building confidence and self esteem are paramount within our College community. There is a strong sense of family atmosphere and a great support for our College Mission. The College is nestled on four hectares of gardens and bush-land setting. Mt Maria College Petrie offers a flexible curriculum to meet the educational needs of all students ranging from those with tertiary aspirations to those with specific educational needs.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Wayne Chapman
Contact Telephone Number: 3285 5500
Contact Email: email@example.com