37 hours per week, Term Time (inc.2 inset days)
Calling all graduates - in English - or an appropriately similar subject. You might be an English graduate who wants to share your passion for your subject so that students truly invest in themselves as readers and writers. Or, you might be a Historian, who is interested in the textuality of History and how it has influenced the development of society. Or, you might be a Sociologist interested in how students develop language and an understanding of the world and – fundamentally – a fluency in language and meaning.
When you’re at the very start of your career - whether you have a clear destination in mind or have not yet decided – Wath Academy offers the perfect opportunity to develop invaluable transferable skills, whilst enriching the lives of young people by making a real difference in the classroom.
- Interested in pursuing a potential route into teaching?
- Passionate about English?
- Enthusiastic, committed and able to use your own initiative?
- Able to relate to young people and inspire them to learn?
- Seeking an opportunity to influence learning across an Academy and vibrant Learning Trust?
Wath Academy – a partner within the Maltby Learning Trust - could be the perfect place to develop your career.
We are seeking to appoint a highly-qualified, ambitious and talented graduate to contribute to and develop within our dynamic, forward-thinking English Faculty. A passion for the subject and a strong commitment to developing students who achieve their potential is essential.
For the successful candidate, we will offer:
- The potential to train to teach and gain Qualified Teacher Status.
- Learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning.
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Learning and Development.
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff.
- The potential to work across the age and ability range.
How do I apply?
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by phoning the Academy. If you have any questions around the role, please contact Mr Alun Owen, Director of English – via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications, including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role, should be addressed to Mr J Taylor, Principal and submitted to Mrs L Laycock at email@example.com.
School address: Sandygate, Wath-upon-Dearne, Rotherham, S63 7NW
Tel: 01709 760222
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
Interview – week commencing: 25 November 2019
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check