Saint Mary’s Catholic College, Kingaroy is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher to teach Home Economics, Hospitality Practices and English. Applications would also be welcome from suitably qualified Religious Education teachers.
This full time continuing position, commencing October 2019, offers the opportunity to teach and be part of a close knit community, while enjoying the lifestyle of picturesque country town Kingaroy.
We are seeking a teacher who is, student focused and genuinely wants to make an impact to the learning of students. To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• appropriate qualifications and experience
• effective communication skills
• work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices, and
• a clear understanding of the new Australian Curriculum.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Remote area incentives for teachers include;
• Competitive Salary Structure
• Location based ITAS weekly allowance
• Salary incentive (IPRASS) payment paid for service of at least one term
• Reimbursement for reasonable relocation expenses
• Access to interesting and relevant professional development
• Emergent leave and travel leave days
Saint Marys Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 College offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. The College has been proudly serving the families of the South Burnett region since 1990, following the amalgamation of the St Marys Parish Primary and Secondary Schools. It has a current enrolment of approximately 441 students. The College has a master planned school campus environment along with a vision for education in a contemporary world.
Surrounded by picturesque countryside, Kingaroy is a wine-growing region, only 2½ hours drive north-west of Brisbane. As the central town of the South Burnett region, Kingaroy offers services, shopping facilities, recreational clubs and industries expected in much larger towns. With a population of around 10,000, residents have an opportunity to be involved and become part of the local community, while enjoying the quiet lifestyle of this country town.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing as soon as possible
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Mrs Angela Myles - Principal
Contact Telephone Number: 07 4160 0900
Contact Email: email@example.com
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window