- PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY
- Care and Conduct Leader
- English / Humanities Teacher
- Full Time
Genesis Christian College provides high quality education that develops a passion for lifelong learning, Christian character and a desire to serve God in the wider community. We deliver innovative, relevant education that develops personal excellence and school pride within a safe Christ-centered environment. Our modern, well equipped campus is located on the north side of Brisbane with an enrolment of over 1550 students from Prep to Year 12.
We are calling for applications from suitably qualified English / Humanities Teachers with a passion for their chosen discipline and who display enthusiasm and initiative with a strong commitment to the aims of an Independent Christian school.
Opportunity to fulfil a Position of Added Responsibility as a Year Level Care & Conduct Leader for the right candidate. As a Care and Conduct Leader you will be responsible for the character formation and behaviour of a middle school year level cohort. This role is accompanied by an English / Humanities teaching load.
To be successful, you will have:
- QCT Registration (or eligibility)
- Demonstrated Teaching experience
- Knowledge of contemporary pedagogical practices and assessment strategies appropriate to secondary schooling
- Familiarity with the QCAA syllabuses
- Experience in curriculum development which meets the requirements of the Australian National Curriculum.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to work proactively within a collaborative teaching team
- An active Christian faith.
In addition, applicants must also be able to demonstrate a willingness to contribute to the wider College community through both co-curricular and extra-curricular programs.
We recognise employee contribution through:
- A highly supportive workplace culture
- State of the art facilities
- Annual pay increases in line with the Enterprise Agreement
- Opportunities for positions of additional responsibility
- 11.25% superannuation.
How to make an application:
Please email your application to email@example.com and complete the Employment Application Form.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the Knowledge and Skill requirements, including your Christian cultural fit within Genesis Christian College
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- The names and contact details of two professional referees and a minister/pastor reference must also be provided.
Applications close Friday 10 January 2020. For further information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 3882 9000.
As we manage recruitment internally, we politely request no recruitment agencies please. Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.