Required from September 2019
We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative English Teacher to lead KS4 and join the highly successful English Department at St Peter's. This is a full-time permanent post from September 2019. The role will involve working closely with the Subject Learning Leader and English team and other TLR holders in all aspects of KS4 English Language and Literature. The successful candidate will need to teach both English Language and English Literature across KS3 and 4.
We are a dynamic and interesting team, with a history of excellent results, who share ideas and resources and support one another. If you are committed to ensuring all students make progress in English, have outstanding leadership skills, are able to see things in innovative and exciting ways, work efficiently and effectively to ensure improvement and are passionate about teaching engaging lessons, then we would welcome your application.
The Key responsibilities
• Make arrangements for KS4 impact days and mock exam practices, including sorting resources, arranging groupings, arranging staffing
• Organise and lead / jointly lead standardisation and moderation for each component of KS4 curriculum
• Ensure exam entries and Spoken Endorsement processes all completed correctly for current Yr 11, including getting exam entries sheets signed and checked by the department
• Arrange recording schedule for current Yr 10 spoken language endorsement and cover, moderate and send off spoken language sample, ensuring each entry is secure in its grading, labelled correctly and in the correct format
• Take responsibility for some KS4 with data analysis (KOSPS) in order to plan and put in place intervention and strategies to support key groups.
• Lead the appraisal process for a number of the English team, including reviewing targets, completing mid-term reviews and completing observations (supported as necessary)
��� Help organise literary trips and author visits, prioritising key groups where appropriate, including helping co-coordinating Carnegie and working with BSLF
• Help with Department Review
• Work with SLL to make decisions about exams and specifications
• Work with SLL and KS3 Lead on curriculum design, including KS3
• Help ensure cover is arranged for any absent teachers and support any supply / cover teacher within the department
• Order books / resources as necessary, with approval from SLL, and help with ordering / distribution of revision guides
• Jointly organise revision sessions for Year 11 beginning January, including mapping each session, sorting staffing and advertising sessions to students and parents.
• With SLL and KS3 Lead to take department by providing resources and schemes where necessary and ensuring resources are shared across the department
• With SLL support team in all aspects of teaching and behaviour
• Jointly help with AQ process
• Help arrange and lead CPD within the department
• Ensure all necessary resources, including practice papers and PACs are available and photocopied for KS4
• Support with any visitors to the department, including arranging timetables and ensuring safeguarding is in place
• Help support the department as required throughout the year
We are looking to appoint someone with the availability to teach from September 2019.
As a Church of England Aided School, in cases of equal merit preference will be given to candidates who are in sympathy with the foundation. The school is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of its students.
A willingness and ability to offer time and energy to our extra-curricular offer which we believe will add significant value to our character based approaches to education, including D of E and our Combined Cadet Force (CCF) will be taken into consideration for applications.
Further information is available from www.spexe.org