Do you have a passion for English teaching? Are you knowledgeable about children’s fiction and can you offer support to staff across the school to inspire them and guide their work in English to improve outcomes for our pupils, many of whom have English as an additional language?
The governors of Thornton Primary School are seeking to appoint an ambitious and inspirational teacher to work alongside the Head teacher and other members of the senior leadership team to secure outstanding progress in English by all pupils in the school. The post holder will be an active member of the school’s extended leadership team and will provide support and professional development to school staff in English.
The ideal post holder will:
- Demonstrate consistently high quality teaching.
- Managing the quality and effectiveness of the curriculum through the co-ordination of teaching and learning in English and sharing of good practice in classrooms.
- Leading strategies aimed at raising achievement in English throughout the School.
- To have an overview of assessment, recording and reporting for English across the school.
We can offer:
- An opportunity to work as part of the extended leadership team.
- A staff team where morale is high.
- An exciting opportunity to join the school at a pivotal moment as it enters a new phase.
- An opportunity to develop your coaching and mentoring skills.
- The opportunity to access high quality professional development.
- The chance to change the lives of our children – and your life – forever.
- An opportunity to help to develop the 2 - teacher model in Year 6 classes.
If you are interested in taking up the challenge, informal visits to the school are welcomed. Please telephone 0121-327-0824 to arrange an appointment or to discuss the role further with the Headteacher, Sue Simmons. We will require a completed application form which should be submitted to Hameeda Ahmed, the School Business Manager, email@example.com by the closing date.
A copy of the application form, Job Description and Person Specification are available on the school’s website: www.thornton.bham.sch.uk
Closing date: Monday 12th December 2016 at 12.00 noon.
Interviews (Including a teaching observation and presentation): To be arranged, once Shortlisting has taken place.