Richard Lee Primary School
The Drive, Wyken, Coventry CV2 5FU
Tel:024 7665 8800
“Be the best you can be”
MPS/UPS + TLR2B
Permanent, full time
Required for September 2018
Richard Lee Primary School is a school with a great future!
In January 2016 we received a letter from the DFE congratulating us on being “amongst the top 100 performing schools in the country for sustained improvement over a three year period”.
Our recent Ofsted in March 2018 reaffirmed our ‘Good Schoool’ status.
· Pupils receive a broad and balanced curriculum that promotes a strong and thorough understanding of the subjects and the topics that they study.
· Pupils have positive attitudes to learning. They believe it is vital to be resilient and not give up and are happy to try new ways to learn.
· The head teacher has created a strong staff team. Together with governors, they have high aspirations for pupils and their outcomes.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced and aspirational primary school teacher with recent experience in KS1/KS2
The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic English Leader to be part of our senior leadership team. As a three form entry school our year teams are made of 3 teachers and 3 teaching assistants with additional support from wider school support staff.
We have a wonderful new three form entry school building with 600 pupils on roll, including our Nursery.
Facilities include a large sports hall, large well equipped classrooms with break out zones, a music/drama studio, and a staff training room. All year groups have their own iPad resources and access to the ‘Acorn’ interactive room with write-on tables.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and will be warmly welcomed. However, if circumstances do not permit such a visit please telephone the school to arrange an informal discussion with the Headteacher. Please contact: Mrs. Carol Brammer
We are looking for someone who:-
· Is a highly motivated, innovative and effective teacher.
· A clear vision of excellent practice and how it can be achieved
· Has an inclusive ethos with children at the heart of teaching and learning.
· Sets high expectations for all.
· Is a reflective practitioner who is keen to learn and develop as a leader.
· Good interpersonal and communication skill
· A strong commitment to working in partnership with parents, Governors and the community.
· A team player with a positive outlook, a proactive approach and a good sense of humour
We can offer:-
· Hard working colleagues and well trained support staff who are passionate about what they do
· Pupils who are excited about learning new things
· A strong commitment as a school to CPD at both leadership and staff level; working in close collaboration with our local teaching school.
· Opportunites to develop, work on and contribute to innovative projects
· A supportive governing body who are committed to helping the school move forwards
· A commitment to an exciting and broad ranging curriculum with supportive and engaging resources, including the online ‘Cornerstones’ hub and opportunities for trips, visits and visitors; the development of ‘Forest School’ activities with our accredited teacher.Sports Coach who provides co-teaching development, supports lunchtime and after school clubs throughout the week.
As a leader we can offer:-
· Dedicated weekly leadership time.
· Access to the leadership ‘Colourworks’ assessment to develop understanding of your leadership strengths and areas for development.
· Bespoke leadership and management training programme for the leadership team planned with the teaching school.
· Coaching training for individual leaders as part of the school’s commitment to embed collaborative coaching practices.
· A wide range of professional development and collaboration opportunities within our network and beyond.
· All staff have a laptop and iPad; there is a commitment to developing the use of new technologies to support learning and streamline workload.
If you would like to know more please come and visit us. We are excited about our future – we would like to hear from you if you think you could be part of creating that future.