Ark Schools is a fast-growing education charity committed to running outstanding non-selective community schools. With 36 academies open and further growth plans, this is a unique opportunity to join a thriving organisation.
Ark Schools have developed a pioneering new English programme aimed at improving English achievement across our network and instilling a passion for English in our students. The programme is based on international educational research and the best practice from across our network. The programme was launched in September 2014 and has grown from strength to strength.
We are now looking to grow our team in line with national expansion of the programme. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate to support schools with programme implementation, deliver programme training and contribute to the development of the curriculum.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to communicate clearly, build relationships, and complete a range of tasks within an entrepreneurial and fast-moving team. They should have a clear vision of what exemplary curriculum planning looks like and should be able to use student scripts and data diagnostically to inform the strategic direction and purpose of the content produced.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about transforming the life chances of children through education
- Experienced in designing resources for Key Stage three English that have been used by others within and beyond your own context
- Educated to degree level in English literature/language and have a strong English literature/language education background
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching in schools that are similar to those in the Ark network
- Able to demonstrate resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
- Confident delivering training to fellow teachers
- Have an eye for detail with meticulous proofing skills
- Willing to travel
This role is initially on a one-year fixed term contract. For more details or to apply please go to https://goo.gl/fUQvFY . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 11am on Wednesday 23rd May. Interviews are scheduled to take place on Tuesday 29th May.
If you would like to have an informal and confidential discussion about the role, or have any queries, please contact Amy McJennett on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd May
Interview date: Tuesday 29th May
Start Date: September 2018
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000, negotiable depending on experience
Contract: Fixed Term, 1 year
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.