Smart Teachers welcomes Australian and New Zealand trained English teachers to consider a vacancy in a highly regarded all girls’ school based in Berkshire, UK. For candidates interested, there is additional responsibility available (2IC / HOD). This successful, oversubscribed school is renowned for its approach, combining academic excellence with outstanding pastoral care, putting it in the top 11% of state schools for pupil progress. In turn, the school benefits from a strong community feel. The successful English Teacher will start in January 2020 and teach a timetable across all secondary years. This is a long term, permanent contract.
About the Role
• English teacher (Additional responsibility for candidates interested, 2IC/HOD)
• Secondary timetable
• Starting in January 2020
• Full time, permanent contract
• Annual salary from $50,200 to $72,160 AUD (depending on experience)
About the School
• ‘Outstanding’ rated school
• Larger than average all girls’ 11-18 school
• Strong community atmosphere
• Extremely supportive senior management team and mentoring programme for new members of staff
• Outstanding GCSE and A level results putting it in the top local school leagues
• Located near the established town of Maidenhead, benefiting from the new Elizabeth Line later in 2018, enabling 40 minute commute from central London and 12 minutes from Reading
About the location
Berkshire is a large, historic market town, 41km out of the hustle of London that’s surrounded by large green areas on the bank of the River Thames. It is a very well-connected town with regular trains running in and out of London taking up to 40 minutes. Berkshire offers attractive residential and leisure facilities, such as dreamy properties, new shopping centres and rowing clubs. The town is known for its fabulous primary schools and growing numbers of independent and state secondary schools.
In order to be considered for this role, the English Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have experience working as Secondary Teacher or equivalent
• Hold a Post graduate certificate of education/B Ed or equivalent secondary teaching qualification
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa), sponsorship license held for exceptional candidates
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
• OS teachers and Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of registering with Smart Teachers
• Dedicated Australian-based team available to answer your queries before you move abroad, and a London-based team to support you when you land
• Completely free service
• An invitation to join our Overseas Teachers social group and attend our monthly events, connecting you with other migrants.
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world's largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more.
• Teaching overseas is a great way to develop personally and professionally’ and is a great addition to your CV.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to
• Great rates of pay
• Guaranteed pay scheme
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• £250 referral scheme
• Consultant exclusivity and bespoke service
Interested in Applying?
• To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
• If you are applying from Australia or New Zealand please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number SXT846RXP.
• If you are anywhere else in the world, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number SXT846RXP.
• Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
• Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.