Required September 2018
Pleckgate High School is celebrating another rapid increase in the progress made by students, with an impressive Progress 8 score of +0.38 placing us in the top 18% of schools nationally.
The proportion of students achieving a grade 4 or more in both of these subjects was 71%, up 10% on last year. An impressive 52% of students achieved at least a grade 5 in English and mathematics. Our students achieved 28 grade 9’s across these two subjects, demonstrating success at the very highest level.
The Governing Body wish to appoint a dynamic and inspiring English teacher to join a committed and dedicated team of staff within the English Department. The English Department consists of 12 staff and celebrated excellent results in 2017 with a positive Progress 8 score of +0.22 and 82% of students achieving a grade 4+ in either English Language or Literature. We are keen that all of our students can develop their English Language and Literacy skills to enable them to access the school curriculum and make outstanding progress in all of their chosen subjects.
This post offers outstanding opportunities for continuous personal and professional development for a highly motivated and ambitious teacher looking for career advancement. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices, which result in successful outcomes for all of our students.
- Able to think strategically and creatively with an excellent understanding of developments in the English curriculum.
- Able to engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
- Enthusiastic and visionary with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities
- Able to think strategically with an excellent understanding of developments in the English curriculum.
- A successful practitioner with a track record of high expectations and successful outcomes.
- Committed to their own professional development
We can offer you:
- A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn
- Support from a dedicated and experienced English Department
- A supportive environment with high quality CPD opportunities
- An ICT rich environment where all students have mini iPads and all teachers have iPads and MacBooks
- A well resourced modern school building, opened in 2011
- Part of a growing MAT with associated benefits such as Health & Dental care plans for staff
An application form and further details for this post are available from the school website
Closing Date: Monday 9th April 2018 9:00am.
Interviews: To be arranged
Further enquiries to Rebecca O’Neill, PA to Headteacher