English Teacher - MPS / UPS - Maternity Cover - Full Time (part time of 0.6 will also be considered)
The Governing Body wish to appoint a dynamic and inspiring English teacher to join a committed and dedicated team of staff within the English Department. The English Department consists of 12 staff and celebrated excellent results in 2017 & 2018. We are keen that all of our students can develop their English Language and Literacy skills to enable them to access the school curriculum and make outstanding progress in all of their chosen subjects.
This post offers outstanding opportunities for continuous personal and professional development for a highly motivated and ambitious teacher looking for career advancement. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to outstanding teaching and learning practices, which result in successful outcomes for all of our students.
- Able to think strategically and creatively with an excellent understanding of developments in the English curriculum.
- Able to engage, motivate and inspire students and colleagues.
- Enthusiastic with regard to curriculum implementation and extra-curricular opportunities
- A successful practitioner with a track record or clear commitment to high expectations and successful outcomes.
- Committed to their own professional development
You will play a central role to lead and build on the strengths and successes of the English Department and the school. These strengths include:
- A culturally and socially diverse student body who behave well and are keen to learn.
- Consistently strong outcomes for students.
- A team of subject specialists with a passion for high quality English.
- An ICT rich environment where all students have mini iPads and all teachers have iPads and a MacBook.
- Part of a growing MAT with associated benefits such as Health & Dental care plans for staff.
If you have any questions about our school, or the role itself, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and please visit our school website www.pleckgate.com to get a flavour of what we have to offer.
Closing Date: Thursday 18th April
Interviews: Wednesday 24th April
For more information please contact Mrs J Fergusson - email@example.com