Gunnersbury Catholic School is seeking to appoint a highly talented and ambitious Teacher of English. This post provides the opportunity for an NQT or current educator of English to receive the very best coaching, training and experience within their subject. As a school that has consistently enabled extraordinary outcomes for our students, we are uniquely placed to develop and guide a teacher of English in their career.
Our teachers are integral to Gunnersbury’s success through their provision of superb teaching and its enablement of outstanding achievement. Working under the guidance of the Director of English the new teacher shall seek to further the learning experience and outcomes of our students. They should wish to further the faith of our pupils across the Key Stages whilst enabling fantastic learning for each child.
Above all else we seek to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with a real passion for our faith, who is committed to the success of their students and is highly motivated to develop the teaching and learning across the department. Potential, dynamism, determination and resolve are key attributes for our new teacher.
Year on year Gunnersbury Catholic School has developed our staff to become fantastic teachers and leaders. In doing so, from one year to the next, we have enabled unparalleled success for our students. Our school is:
- A Catholic community where care for each other, student ambition, pupil motivation and a Catholic community where care for each other, student ambition, pupil motivation and behaviour are exemplary
- Committed to providing quality support, guidance and coaching to develop our staff so that they may progress to the highest levels as teachers and leaders
- One of the top Boys’ Comprehensive Schools in the country for GCSE achievement (DfE performance table 2019)
- An environment that enables achievement of the highest order 88% 5 GCSEs at 9-4 including English and Maths in 2019, Progress 8 score of +0.6
- Determined by the Fischer Family Trust as being amongst the top 5% of schools for GCSE achievement
- Determined ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (2009)
- A workplace where staff are a friendly, welcoming and helpful team
Applicant packs and application forms are to be found on this (TES) page or may be downloaded from our website www.gunnersbury.com
Completed applications should be posted or emailed to the headteacher’s PA – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday, 24th February 2020 at 10am
Gunnersbury Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.